Italian Anise Toast
These are wonderful for dipping into coffee!
- 3 1/4 cups unbleached flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 bottle anise extract or a few drops of anise oil
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs until well blended. Add sugar. Add melted butter.
Add anise extract or anise oil. Add to dry ingredients and mix well. Add 1 cup whole
almonds, toasted at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes, if desired.
- Form into two loaves on a floured board. Each loaf should be approximately 12
inches long and 3 to 4 inches wide. Bake 1 loaf at a time on an ungreased baking
sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Cut baked loaves into 3/4-inch diagonal
- Bake slices at 350 degrees F for 6 minutes on each side. Cool.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Italian Recipes