Italian Anise Toast
These are wonderful for dipping into coffee!
- 3 1/4 cups unbleached flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 bottle anise extract or a few drops of anise oil
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs until well blended. Add sugar. Add melted butter.
Add anise extract or anise oil. Add to dry ingredients and mix well. Add 1 cup whole
almonds, toasted at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes, if desired.
- Form into two loaves on a floured board. Each loaf should be approximately 12
inches long and 3 to 4 inches wide. Bake 1 loaf at a time on an ungreased baking
sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Cut baked loaves into 3/4-inch diagonal
- Bake slices at 350 degrees F for 6 minutes on each side. Cool.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.