Italian Cinnamon Sticks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter and cream cheese until creamy; gradually add flour, mixing until
well blended. Shape dough into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap, and chill 30 minutes.
- Divide dough in half; place one portion between 2 sheets of lightly floured wax
paper, and roll into a 10-inch square (about 1/8 inch thick). Brush with egg, and
sprinkle with half of sugar mixture. Cut into 5 x 1/2-inch strips; twist strips,
and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Repeat with remaining dough and sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.