Italian Cupboard Soup
- 2 boneless pork chops, cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans or great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces fresh spinach leaves, torn
- In a deep saucepan, brown the pork in a little oil; add all ingredients except
spinach; bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in torn spinach and cook for 2 minutes more.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Servings: 4
Optional serving suggestion - top with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese just
Serving Suggestion: Complete this soup with warmed Italian bread and salad of
Nutrition Information: Calories: 214 calories Protein: 22 grams Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 620 milligrams Cholesterol: 35 milligrams Saturated Fat: 1 grams Carbohydrates:
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.