Italian Fudge-Filled Cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 pound butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream together cream cheese and margarine. Add flour and confectioner's sugar.
Chill for 1-2 hours.
- Place sweetened condensed milk into a medium pan and place over medium to medium-high
heat, stirring constantly until it starts to bubble.
- Add chocolate chips and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Let cool in refrigerator.
- Divide the chilled dough into thirds, sprinkle surface with some flour and sugar,
and roll each piece out to 1/4 inch. Try to work as much of the flour and sugar
into the dough as possible - to make a smooth and nonstick consistency.
- Place 1/3 of the chocolate mixture in your hand and shape into a cylinder that will fit along
the center of the rolled out dough. Fold over the sides. Seal and tuck in ends.
Place seam side down on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until light golden brown. Repeat with remaining dough and chocolate.
- When cool, slice into 1/2-inch pieces.
Yields 1 loaf.