Italian Green Bean Salad
- 1 pound green beans
- Vinaigrette Dressing
- Lettuce (optional)
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Ripe olives
- 1/3 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared dark mustard
- Dash of pepper
- Remove ends from beans. If beans are large, cut French style into lengthwise
- Heat beans and 1 inch of salted water, using 1/2 teaspoon salt to 1 cup
water, to boiling. Cook uncovered 5 minutes. Cover and cook until tender, 10 to
15 minutes, French style 5 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Prepare Vinaigrette Dressing. Pour over warm beans and toss. Cover and refrigerate
at least 2 hours.
- Remove beans to lettuce-lined plate with slotted spoon.
- Add tomatoes and onion.
- Sprinkle with cheese; garnish with olives.
- Vinaigrette Dressing: Mix all ingredients.
Yields 4 to 6 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Italian Recipes