- 2 pounds 85% ground meat
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 cup diced red and green peppers
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated cheese
- 1 cup or so Italian bread crumbs
- Mix well, adjusting bread crumbs and adding water if necessary.
- Roll into meatballs ~ small ones for a marinara sauce and ping pong ball size
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Fry in some oil to partially cook and brown.
- Place in tomato sauce to cook and absorb flavor for another 45 minutes.
- Great for sandwiches (top with provolone cheese).
Posted by jerseyjan at Recipe Goldmine May 20, 2001.