Italian Meatloaf with Fresh
Basil and Provolone
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup
bread crumbs, seasoned
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh
- 1/2 cup Provolone cheese, shredded, 2 ounces
- 2 large egg whites
garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground round
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine boiling water and tomatoes in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes or until soft.
Drain tomatoes; finely chop.
- Combine 1/2 cup ketchup, breadcrumbs, and the next 6 ingredients (breadcrumbs
through beef) in a large bowl. Add tomatoes mixing well until totally blended.
- Shape meat mixture into a 9 x 5-inch loaf on a broiler pan coated with cooking
spray. Spread 1/3 cup ketchup over meat loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a thermometer
registers 160 degrees. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Cut into 12 slices.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 slices).
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine 6/7/01 5:32:18 am.