Italian Pork Roast
- 1 (3 to 3 1/2 pound) rolled boneless pork loin roast
- 4 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon coarsely-ground pepper
- Place roast in a shallow roasting pan. Cut 8 small slits in roast at 2-inch intervals; insert garlic clove halves deep into slits.
- Brush olive oil evenly over roast, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning and pepper. Insert meat thermometer, making sure it does not touch fat.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours (30 minutes per pound) or until meat thermometer reaches 155 degrees F.
- Remove from oven, and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees F.