Italian Rum Balls
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum or extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- Melted butter
- Chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add rum and blend well. Gradually add flour
to butter mixture. Blend in enough flour to make a smooth ball. Chill 1 hour.
- Take pieces of dough and roll into balls the size of a walnut. Drop into melted
butter, then nuts, and into cinnamon-sugar. Shake off excess and place on cookie
sheets. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 3 1/2 dozen.