Italian Sausage Dinner
This is an Italian comfort food, and it's a great potluck dish also!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 pounds Italian sausage links, sliced 1-inch thick
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 large green bell peppers, seeded and cut into wedges
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and cut into wedges
- 3 large onions, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook and
stir the sausage until browned. Transfer the cooked sausage to a large baking dish.
- Pour 1/4 cup olive oil into the skillet, and cook the potatoes, stirring
occasionally, until browned, about 10 minutes. Place the potatoes into the baking dish, leaving some oil.
- Cook and stir the green and red peppers and onions in the hot skillet
until they are beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the vegetables to the baking dish.
- Pour wine and chicken stock over the vegetables and sausage, and
sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Gently stir all ingredients together.
- Bake until hot and bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve hot.