Italian Seed Cookies
- 1 cup Crisco
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs plus 1 egg white (divided)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toasted sesame seeds*
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl with electric mixer, blend shortening, sugar, 3 eggs, flour, baking
powder, salt and vanilla extract.
- Break dough off in small balls and roll them in
your palms to make oval logs about 2 to 3 inches long.
- In separate bowl, beat egg white until foamy. Dip logs into egg white and roll
in sesame seeds until covered.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Makes 3 to 4 dozen cookies
* Look for toasted sesame seeds in the Asian food section of stores. Two 3.75-ounce
jars are plenty. To toast your own sesame seeds, place in a dry skillet over medium
heat. Toast until seeds turn light brown, shaking the pan to keep the seeds from
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Italian Recipes