Italian Stuffed Meat Loaf
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup oats
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup of any one or all of the following: sliced mushrooms, sliced ripe olives, shredded mozzarella cheese, shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Ripe olives, sliced
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- For meat loaf, combine ground beef, oats, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, onion, Parmesan
cheese, egg, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; mix well. Separate mixture into two
equal parts. Shape each into a patty about 7 inches in diameter. Place filling on
one patty to within 1/2 inch of edge. Place in prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until meat is done.
- Top loaf with remaining spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese. Garnish with olives.