Lemon Ice (Granita di Limone)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel*
- 1 cup lemon juice
* Use only the colored portion of the lemon peel to avoid the bitter white pith.
- Heat water and sugar to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in lemon peel and juice. Cool to room temperature.
- Pour into 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. freeze 3 to 4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Serve in chilled dessert dishes.
- If ice is not to be served immediately, cut into 1/2-inch chunks; place in bowl.
Cover and freeze until serving time.
Yields 8 to 10 servings.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Italian Recipes