- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small leek, peeled and sliced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 7 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can white cannellini beans
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 ounces green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 ounce small soup pasta
- Sea salt
- Freshly-ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy pan. Cook onions, garlic, and leeks over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the carrots, celery, stock, tomato paste, and drained beans and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook 30 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and green beans and simmer 10 more minutes.
- Stir in the cabbage and pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 10 minutes or until the pasta is done.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Garnish each bowl you serve with the Parmesan cheese.