Papa Vento's Beef Braccioli
Don't go telling my Dad that I'm sharing his recipes! Goes great with Papa Vento's Sauce.
- 1 (1 1/2 to 2 pound) beef rump roast, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced thin
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced,
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup olive oil, extra virgin or pure
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, casings removed, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spaghetti sauce
- Gently pound meat between wax paper to 1/4 inch thick and tenderize. Season with
salt and pepper.
- In a medium skillet, over medium heat, sauté onions in 1/4 cup olive oil for
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rest of ingredients (except sauce) and mix
well. Add cooked onions and mix.
- Spread a thin layer of mixture on each slice of beef and starting at one short
end, roll up like a jelly roll. Secure meat with 2 wooden picks.
- In a medium skillet, lightly brown meat on both sides, in 1/4 cup olive oil.
Drop rolls into tomato sauce and cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, adding water if it gets
- Serve with cooked pasta.
Posted by artsycook at Recipe Goldmine 12/6/2001 12:32 am.