- 12 ounces Santa Fe chicken sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked small seashell pasta
- 2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini (about 2 small zucchini)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) shredded asiago cheese
- Heat a large saucepan over high heat. Add sausage; cook 2 minutes, stirring
- Add broth and pasta; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes.
- Add zucchini and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer
- Stir in basil, oregano and beans; cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until
pasta and zucchini are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Yield: 5 servings (serving size: about 1 1/3 cups soup and about 1 tablespoon