Pasta with Pesto Sauce (Pasta con Pesto)
- 2/3 cup packed coarsely chopped basil leaves
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 10 ounces uncooked spaghetti or noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Place all ingredients except spaghetti and butter in blender container.
Cover and blend on high speed until mixture is of uniform consistency.
- Cook spaghetti as directed; drain.
- Toss spaghetti with basil mixture and the butter.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
Yields 6 servings.