Pavia is a small but very old city to the south of Milan, and this soup is its
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 slices firm, coarse-textured bread (like Italian, shepherd
or French - hard crust)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 6 eggs
- Freshly ground
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and turn off.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and fry
the bread slices on both sides until golden brown.
- Divide among 6 soup bowls. Place
bowls in oven.
- Meanwhile, bring broth to a boil, adding sale if necessary.
- Break an egg onto
each slice of bread in the bowls and pour the boiling broth over it. Add pepper
to taste. Sprinkle with parmesan and garnish with chopped parsley and a little grated
nutmeg if desired and serve.
Posted by artsycook at recipegoldmine.com