Piccata (Veal, Turkey or Chicken)
- 4 veal, turkey or chicken cutlets
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
(regular or seasoned)
- Margarine or butter
- 2 medium lemons
- 1 envelope chicken
bouillon or 1 tablespoon chicken stock mix.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- Pound out meat between wax paper to 1/4-inch thickness. In a small bowl, combine
egg and milk. Place bread crumbs in another small bowl. Dip meat in egg mixture
and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Melt 2 tablespoons margarine in a skillet, over medium/high heat. Lightly brown
cutlets on both sides, adding more butter or margarine as you go, and remove to
- Reduce heat to low and add juice of 1/2 lemon, 1/2 cup water, bouillon or stock
mix, salt, and pepper to the drippings. Return cutlets and top with thinly sliced
lemons. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with lemon slices, pouring any leftover liquid on top.
Posted by artsycook at recipegoldmine.com