Pizzelle (Italian Waffle)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons vanilla or anise extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until light and smooth.
- Add the margarine and vanilla or anise extract.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix until smooth.
- Place pizzelle iron on top of a gas flame at medium heat. Put a tablespoon or so
of batter on the hot iron and turn two or three times over the stove until the pizzelle
is brown. Remove from the iron and roll on a wooden cone.
- Fill with sweet ricotta cheese made by sweetening 1 cup Ricotta with 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar.
- Or you can serve them flat with confectioners' sugar on top.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.