Pizzelle (Italian Waffle)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons vanilla or anise extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until light and smooth.
- Add the margarine and vanilla or anise extract.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix until smooth.
- Place pizzelle iron on top of a gas flame at medium heat. Put a tablespoon or so
of batter on the hot iron and turn two or three times over the stove until the pizzelle
is brown. Remove from the iron and roll on a wooden cone.
- Fill with sweet ricotta cheese made by sweetening 1 cup Ricotta with 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar.
- Or you can serve them flat with confectioners' sugar on top.