- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Bring water and salt to boil in a heavy saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low.
Gradually sprinkle in cornmeal, whisking constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
Gently boil 20 to 25 minutes, stirring often with a wooden spoon, until very thick,
but still pourable. Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 cup butter and cheese.
- Rinse a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2-inch jellyroll pan with cold water. Do not dry pan. Spread hot
Polenta evenly in pan with a rubber spatula.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until firm.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Make 3 lengthwise and 5 crosswise cuts in Polenta to yield 15 squares. Arrange
polenta squares, slightly overlapping, in baking dish. Mix 1/4 cup butter, basil,
rosemary and garlic. Melt, then pour over polenta. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.