- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes (with liquid)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach thawed and well drained
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- Prepare Ravioli Dough and Tomato Sauce.
- Ravioli Dough: Make a well in center of flour. Add egg yolks, eggs and salt;
mix thoroughly with fork. Mix in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough forms
a ball. Turn dough onto well-floured cloth-covered board; knead until smooth and
elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Tomato Sauce: Break up tomatoes with fork. Heat tomatoes and remaining ingredients
to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Filling: While dough is resting, cook and stir beef and onion over medium heat until beef
is light brown and finely crumbled; drain. Squeeze any remaining moisture from spinach.
Stir spinach, egg, cheese, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper into beef and onion.
- Divide dough into 6 equal parts. Cover dough with plastic wrap to prevent drying.
Roll one part of the dough as thin as possible on lightly floured surface into about
13-inch square. Trim edges to make a 12-inch square. Fold in half, and cover with
plastic wrap. Repeat with a second part of dough, but do not fold.
- Mound about 1 teaspoon beef filling about 1 1/2 inches apart in checkerboard
patter on unfolded sheet of dough; make 16 mounds. Dip pastry brush into water;
brush in straight lines between filling mounds and around edge of dough. Unfold
folded sheet of dough over filled half. Starting at center, press with fingertips
and side of hand between mounds of filling and around edges to seal. Cut pasta between
mounds into squares with knife. Separate squares; place on wax paper. Repeat twice
with remaining dough to make 48 squares.
- Heat water and 2 tablespoons salt to boiling in large kettle. Add ravioli; stir
to prevent sticking. Cook uncovered until tender, about 12 minutes; remove to colander
with slotted spoon.
- Serve with Tomato Sauce.
Makes 48 ravioli.
* 1 cup butter, melted, and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese can be substituted
for the Tomato Sauce; toss with ravioli.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Italian Recipes