Rice, Milan Style (Risotto alla Milanese)
- 1 cup uncooked regular rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped beef marrow (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of ground saffron
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook and stir rice, onion and beef marrow (if used) in butter in 2-quart saucepan
until rice is golden, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese. Heat to boiling, stirring once or
twice; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 14 minutes without lifting cover or stirring.
- Remove from heat. Gently stir in cheese with fork; cover and let steam 5 to 10
- Serve rice with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
Yields 6 servings.