Ricotta Cheesecake (Crostata di Ricotta)
Prepare this cake ahead of time, as it must be chilled for at least 12 hours.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds ricotta cheese, well drained
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons finely cut-up candied citron
- 2 tablespoons chopped blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cheesecake Pastry: Mix all ingredients until blended; press evenly in bottom of
ungreased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 475 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Filling: Beat ricotta cheese, granulated sugar, flour, eggs, orange peel, vanilla extract and
salt in large mixer bowl on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in raisins, citron and almonds.
- Pour into pastry-lined pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until center is set and top is golden brown, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours. Cool.
- Refrigerate 12 to 24 hours.
- Remove outer rim of pan.
- Mix confectioners' sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over cheesecake.
- Serve with green grapes if desired.
Yield: 12 to 16 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Italian Recipes