Ricotta Cheesecake (Torta di Ricotta)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier or cognac
- 32 ounces ricotta cheese
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- Grease and flour one 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Place the raisins in a small bowl. Cover with Grand Marnier and allow to macerate.
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, beat the ricotta cheese with an electric beater until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract and zest.
- Fold in the raisins and pine nuts.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake until cheesecake is golden, and firm in the middle - about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine May 13, 2001.