- 4 large yellow onions, unpeeled
- Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, or 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary
- Trim both ends from onion; prick each onion several times with fork. Brush with
oil. Place onions in greased 10 x 6-inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F until tender, about 1 1/4 hours.
- Carefully remove skin from onions; place onions upright in serving dish. Cut
each onion about halfway through into fourths; separate slightly.
- Heat butter and rosemary until butter is hot. Pour over onions.
Yields 4 servings.