Roasted Pepper Salad (Pimentos Assados)
- 6 large green, red or yellow bell peppers (or combination)
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely-ground pepper
- Set oven to broil or 550 degrees F.
- Arrange peppers on rack in broiler pan. Broil with tops about 5 inches from heat,
turning frequently, until blistered on al sides, about 20 minutes.
- Place peppers in plastic bag; seal bag. Let stand until peppers can be peeled easily, about 20
- Remove skin, stems and seeds from peppers. Cut peppers into 1/2-inch wide strips,
and place in nonreactive bowl.
- Shake remaining ingredients in tightly covered jar; pour over peppers.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
Yield: 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Italian Recipes