Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup
- 2 cans College Inn® Light & Fat Free Chicken Broth 50% Less Sodium
- 3 Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 package fresh baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/4 teaspoons minced fresh basil OR 3/4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Crumble sausage into a Dutch oven; add onion. Cook and stir over medium heat
until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in broth, water
and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Add tortellini; return to a boil. Cook for 7-9 minutes
or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; add spinach, basil, pepper and pepper flakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes longer
or until spinach is wilted.
- Serve with cheese, if desired.
Prep: 20 min | Cook: 20 min | Makes 6 servings
Nutrition Information (Amount Per Serving): Calories: 203 Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g Cholesterol: 40 mg Sodium: 878 mg Total Carbohydrates: 18 g Fiber:
3 g Protein: 16 g
Recipe and photograph courtesy of College Inn®/©Del Monte Corporation.