Sausages and Peppers
- 1 pound sweet or hot Italian sausages
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, bring the sausages and water to a boil over high heat. Reduce
the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the sausages are
no longer pink.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Drain off the water and sausage fat. Add bell
peppers, onion, garlic, tomatoes and seasonings to the skillet and bring to a boil
over medium high heat. Reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 8 to 9 minutes, stirring
occasionally, until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve right away.