"Semifredo" is usually a frozen dessert that combines non-frozen ingredients like biscuits, cake slices, candied fruits, meringue, whipped cream, chocolate, etc...It's slightly less cold than ice cream, hence the reason for its
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup Amaretto or Kirsch liqueur
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped shortbread cookies
- 3/4 cup chopped Frango mints or semisweet chocolate
- Fresh cherries, raspberries or strawberries for garnish (optional)
- Mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine cherries, liqueur and honey. Heat over medium
heat and bring to simmer stage.
- Remove from heat and let stand until it reaches room temperature.
- Spray a 9-inch (6 1/2 cup) ring mold with cooking spray. Line the mold carefully
with plastic wrap and smooth out wrinkles.
- Combine cream, powdered sugar, cinnamon and allspice in a medium bowl. With an
electric mixer, beat cream mixture to stiff peaks.
- Fold in shortbread, Frango mints or chocolate, and cherry mixture until well blended.
- Pour into mold, cover with plastic wrap and freeze 6 hours or until firm. ( Mixture will keep in the freezer
for up to 3 weeks.)
- Remove pan from freezer and invert on a serving platter. Let stand for 5 minutes
and gently bang mold on the counter. Remove mold and smooth out with butter knife.
- Garnish and serve.
Posted by artsycook at recipegoldmine.com.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Italian Recipes