Ingredients depend on how much you want to make (this freezes well and can be
used throughout the year). This is very simple to make and it is great in the preparation of any ethnic
dish, it has a potent but delicious flavor and only takes a couple of tablespoons
to do the job.
- 2 or 3 bunches cilantro
- 2 or 3 medium red bell peppers
- 2 or 3 green bell
- 1 large onion (whichever you like the best, to your taste)
* You can add as many cloves as you desire, if you like a lot of garlic, more,
if not 2 or 3 cloves should do.
- Wash the vegetables clean. Begin adding portions of EACH ingredient to a food
processor or blender. (If you try to do it all at once it may be too hard on your
machine.) Chop into a fine consistency. There should be no lumps, it should have
the consistency of baby food.
- Continue adding vegetables until all of the ingredients have been added to the
I posted a recipe awhile back that called for sofrito and now you
can make your own!
Posted by Nixee at Recipe Goldmine 6/18/01 8:32:42 pm.