Spaghetti all'Aglio e Olio
(Spaghetti with Garlic and Oil)
This dish comes from Campania, Italy. The flavor of the olive oil is what makes
this dish, so use the finest extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
- Pepper, to taste
- Cook spaghetti in plenty of boiling, salted water, with a dash of olive oil.
- Heat olive oil with cloves of garlic but do not let the garlic brown.
- Warm oil gently
to release the flavor of the garlic.
- When spaghetti is cooked, drain it and transfer
to a warm serving bowl.
- Pour over the oil and garlic and toss the spaghetti well.
- Serve immediately.