Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
This pasta sauce is from Naples, Italy. Its title means "spaghetti in the
manner of a prostitute." Regardless of its name, it is delicious.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped
- 1 small chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 pound fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2/3 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Cook spaghetti in plenty of boiling salted water with a dash of olive oil. Heat olive oil in a pan and add garlic, anchovies and chile; cook for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes, capers and olives and simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Stir in parsley and cook for another minute.
- Drain spaghetti and put into a warm bowl; pour over the sauce, toss spaghetti in the sauce and serve immediately.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.