Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
This pasta sauce is from Naples, Italy. Its title means "spaghetti in the
manner of a prostitute." Regardless of its name, it is delicious.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 anchovy
fillets, rinsed and chopped
- 1 small chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 pound
fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2/3 cup pitted
black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Cook spaghetti in plenty of boiling salted water with a dash of olive oil. Heat
olive oil in a pan and add garlic, anchovies and chile; cook for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes, capers and olives and simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened
- Stir in parsley and cook for another minute.
- Drain spaghetti and put into
a warm bowl; pour over the sauce, toss spaghetti in the sauce and serve immediately.