This recipe is from the mother of my sister-in-law, Donna Beck, Clara Jacobs. ~ Gary B. - San Francisco
- 3 pounds ground sirloin
- 2 heads garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 or 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (12 ounce) cans Contadina tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can Contadina crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sweet basil (fresh if available)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 8 tomato paste cans filled with water
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- Cook ground sirloin and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until meat loses pink color. Turn off heat.
- Add salt, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, tomato puree, basil and parsley and mix thoroughly.
- Turn on heat. Add water and chicken bouillon cubes and stir until dissolved. Cook on a lower heat than medium until it boils, then on low for 2 hours. Stir occasionally. It can burn easily.