- 1 pound eye of round (ask butcher to slice 1/4-inch thick)
- Olive oil, extra virgin or pure
- Bay leaves
- 2 medium onions
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 to 8 metal skewers
- Set oven on high broil. Gently pound out each piece of meat to 1/8 inch thick.
(If pieces are larger than 3 inches wide, cut in half to get 2 strips no smaller
than 2 inches wide.)
- Peel and quarter onions. Separate onion layers.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder in a shallow bowl. Pour
about 1/3 cup olive oil into another shallow bowl.
- Dip each strip of meat into the olive oil, letting the excess drip off, and press
1 side into the bread crumb mixture. Lay on work surface, crumb side down, and roll
up tightly. Place 1 onion shell on a metal skewer and 1 small bay leaf next to the
onion. Skewer the roll of breaded meat and repeat the process, ending with an onion
shell to keep the meat from falling off.
- Place the skewers on a foil-lined broiler pan and broil 4 inches from the heat
for 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
Posted by artsycook at recipegoldmine.com.
Source: Recipe by Lisa Stapor