This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Although not a true spumoni ice cream. this dessert is so and pretty. Freeze solid for an ice cream texture or partially frozen for a mousse like texture. I like to make this for my family for festive occasions.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk ( not evaporated)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted nuts of choice
- Chill milk and cream in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Whip both together with an electric mixture until soft peaks form.
- Blend in the cherry pie filling, extract and chips and nuts.
- Place in an 8- or 9-inch square pan.
- Cover and freeze firm.
- Serve as is or add ice cream toppings of choice.
Posted by grinkc at Recipe Goldmine 1/13/2002 4:00 am.