- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons soft bread crumbs
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Basil, parsley, or chives, for garnish
- Parmesan cheese
- Bring the stock to simmer in a saucepan.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg with a fork and continue beating as you add the cheese and bread crumbs. When they are well beaten, add 1/2 cup of the hot stock.
- Bring the remaining stock to nearly a boil, scrape in the egg mixture, and whisk it with a fork for 3 or 4 minutes. When you stop beating and let the soup come just barely to a boil. It will break into "rags," hence the name.
- Serve immediately, with an extra sprinkling of Parmesan, topped by garnish of your choice.
Makes 2 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.