Strawberry Italian Ice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups hulled fresh strawberries or 4 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange
- Combine sugar and water in saucepan. Bring to boil and boil rapidly for
- Cool at room temperature.
- Puree strawberries in blender of food processor, leaving small chunks of
- Add pureed strawberries, lemon and orange juice to sugar water and
- Pour into freezer trays or containers to freeze firm. Do NOT pour into dessert
glasses to freeze because glass might break.
Makes about 3 cups or 6 servings.
Add sugar according to sweetness of berries. Frozen berries or extra sweet
fresh berries may require less sugar (about 3/4 cup).