- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 to 8 hamburger
- 6 to 8 slices Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Strombolis: Brown meat and drain. Add onion, ketchup, Parmesan cheese, garlic
powder, fennel, and oregano. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Split hamburger buns. Spread 1 teaspoon Garlic Spread on each bun top. Divide
meat mixture evenly on bun bottoms. Top meat mixture with a cheese slice and add
top bun. Wrap each sandwich in a square of foil.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for
15 minutes, or until heated thoroughly through.
- Garlic Spread: Combine butter, garlic powder and paprika. Mix well.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 4, 2001.