Tagliatelle with Gorgonzola Sauce
- 25g/1 ounce/2 tablespoons butter, plus extra for tossing the pasta
ounces Gorgonzola cheese, divided
- 150ml/1/4 pint/2/3 cup double or whipping cream
- 30ml/ 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 5ml/ 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 15ml/1 tablespoon
chopped fresh sage
- 450g/1 pound tagliatelle
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan ( it needs to be thick based to prevent the cheese
- Stir in 175g/6 ounces crumbled gorgonzola cheese and stir over a
gentle heat for about 2 to 3 minutes until melted.
- Whisk in the cream, vermouth and cornflour.
- Add the sage; season. Cook, whisking,
until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Boil the pasta in plenty of salted water according to the instructions on the
- Drain well and toss with a little butter.
- Reheat the sauce gently, whisking well.
- Divide the pasta among 4 serving bowls,
top with the sauce and sprinkle over the remaining crumbled cheese.
- Serve immediately.
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark.