Tomato and Bread Salad (Panzanella)
This is best if you use very ripe tomatoes.
- 4 cups 1-inch pieces stale Italian or French bread
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup snipped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mix bread, tomatoes, garlic, green pepper, basil and parsley.
- Shake remaining ingredients in tightly covered container. Pour over bread mixture;
toss. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Garnish with Kalamata or Greek olives if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Photo credit: [email protected]
/ CC BY
>> Italian Recipes