Tomatoes, Peppers and Onions
Toss marinated olives into this dish if you like.
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3 medium
green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon
red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes,
- Cook and stir onions in oil in skillet until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients
except tomatoes. Cover and cook over low heat 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes. Cover and
simmer until green pepper is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with ripe olives if