Tuscan Chicken and Pasta
with Tomato-Basil Garnish
- 1 cup chopped Roma plum tomatoes (2 to 3)
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces dry fettuccine noodles
- 4 tablespoons Challenge Tuscan Style Spreadable Butter
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch slices
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, basil and vinegar.
- Cook fettuccine noodles according to package directions and drain.
- Melt Tuscan butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until limp (about 5 minutes).
- Add chicken slices and cook until lightly brown (about 4 to 5 minutes per side).
- Divide cooked noodles between individual serving plates.
- Add chicken slices, and then pour seasoned butter remaining in the cooking pan over the chick slices.
- Top with tomato-basil mixture.
Yield: 3 to 4 servings
Source: Recipe developed by Challenge Home Economist
Recipe and photograph courtesy of