- 2 pounds veal cutlets, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread
crumbs (Progresso, Italian)
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
(about 1/2 cup)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- Cut veal into 12-16 pieces, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
beat together egg and water.
- Combine cheese and bread crumbs.
- Dip veal into egg mixture,
then cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Melt shortening in pan. Brown veal on both sides.
- Place in 3-quart baking dish.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sauté onion in same pan, stir in tomato sauce, salt,
basil and marjoram. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Reserve 1/2 cup sauce. Pour remaining
sauce over veal.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Pour reserved sauce over cheese.
uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
Makes 6 - 8 servings.
Posted by GourmetGal at recipegoldmine.com.