Wine Custard (Zabaglione)
Eat this thin custard freshly made and warm. It is also a wonderful sauce for
fresh berries, plain cake or fruit-filled crepes.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup Marsala wine or sherry
- Dash of salt
- Beat egg yolks and egg in small mixer bowl on high speed until thick and lemon colored, about 3 minutes.
- Gradually beat in sugar, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Beat in wine and salt on low speed.
- Pour mixture into top of double boiler. Add enough hot water to bottom of double boiler so that top does not touch water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. The water in the double boiler should simmer but not boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Italian Recipes