- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine*
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 3/4 cups strong, hot coffee
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- Finely ground coffee (optional)
* For a firmer jelly, use 1 1/2 envelopes unflavored gelatine.
- Soften gelatine in cold water.
- Add coffee and stir until gelatine is dissolved.
- Stir in sugar, salt and vanilla extract.
- Pour into 8 x 4-inch loaf dish and chill until firm.
- Cut into cubes and spoon into small dessert glasses.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with finely ground coffee.
Yield: 3 to 4 servings