Cold Noodles with Dipping Sauce (Soba)
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package soba granules (buckwheat noodles)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon hon-dashi (dashi granules)
- 1 scallion (with top), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cook noodles as directed on package; drain. Cover and refrigerate until
- Heat water, soy sauce, sugar and hon-dashi to boiling; remove from heat.
Cool; stir in onion and gingerroot.
- Mix wasabi powder and water to a paste.
- Divide noodles among 8 small bowls.
- Pour soy mixture into 8 small dipping bowls.
- Serve with wasabi paste.
- Stir small amounts of wasabi paste into soy mixture to taste.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.