Cold Noodles with Dipping Sauce (Soba)
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package soba granules (buckwheat noodles)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon hon-dashi (dashi granules)
- 1 scallion (with top), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon water
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cook noodles as directed on package; drain. Cover and refrigerate until
- Heat water, soy sauce, sugar and hon-dashi to boiling; remove from heat.
Cool; stir in onion and gingerroot.
- Mix wasabi powder and water to a paste.
- Divide noodles among 8 small bowls.
- Pour soy mixture into 8 small dipping bowls.
- Serve with wasabi paste.
- Stir small amounts of wasabi paste into soy mixture
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Japanese Recipes