Dorayaki is a Japanese confection, which consists of two small honey pancakes with a filling of sweet azuki bean paste.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup milk
- Anko (sweet red bean paste)
- Mix flour and baking soda in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, sugar and honey together.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture, and whisk until batter becomes smooth.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan with a small amount of oil and wipe excess oil well.
- Over medium low heat, drop 1/8 cup batter onto the pan, like a pancake. Cook about 2 minutes until the surface of the pancake has many bubbles and the edges become dry. Flip over and cook for 1 minute longer. The pancakes should be rather dark.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with a wet paper towel.
- Make pairs of pancakes, and put a spread a scoop of sweet red bean paste between them.