Dorayaki is a Japanese confection, which consists of two small honey pancakes with a filling of sweet azuki bean paste.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup milk
- Anko (sweet red bean paste)
- Mix flour and baking soda in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, sugar and honey together.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture, and whisk until batter becomes
- Heat a nonstick frying pan with a small amount of oil and wipe excess
- Over medium low heat, drop 1/8 cup batter onto the pan, like a pancake.
Cook about 2 minutes until the surface of the pancake has many bubbles and the edges become dry. Flip over
and cook for 1 minute longer. The pancakes should be rather dark.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with a wet paper towel.
- Make pairs of pancakes, and put a spread a scoop of sweet red bean paste
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.