Japanese Rice Crackers
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups mochiko (sweet rice flour)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup water
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Crackers: Combine flour, mochiko, sugar, sesame seeds, baking powder and water. Add
more water if needed to make dough stick together.
- Divide dough into 4 parts and roll each paper thin on floured board. Cut
into 1-inch squares.
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees F.
- Fry crackers in batches, turning once, until
golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per batch.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Glaze: Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine corn syrup, sugar and soy sauce and bring to boil. Cook glaze until
it falls thick from spoon. Pour on cooled rice crackers and mix.
- Place crackers in a single layer on cookie sheets and bake for 15 to 20
minutes or until dry.
Source: Another Taste of Aloha - the Junior League of Honolulu, Hawaii - 1994
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.