Japanese Shrimp Sauce
This is the shrimp sauce found in Japanese steakhouses. It is sweet and pinkish-orangish
in color. You can substitute fat-free mayo, butter, and 0-calorie sugar, and it
still tastes great.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, granulated sugar, rice vinegar, melted
butter, paprika and garlic powder. Mix well, cover and refrigerate.
Makes 1 1/4 cups (12 servings).
From the kitchen of GrannyB.